Ep 196 Iran & Middle East: Shifting Priorites?
Guest: Elijah Magnier. We talk about the recent assassination of an Iranian top scientist and threats of retaliation proposed by hardline Iranian media, the precarious situation due to Trump likely leaving office soon and Netanyahu’s political troubles. We discuss the failure to withdraw US troops from Iraq and the likely consequences, the prospects for rejoining the JCPOA Iran nuclear deal and the things that could complicate that, the stronger influence of Russia and China in the region and finally a bonus question about the relationship between Trump and Netanyahu near the end of his term.
Recorded on November 29, 2020. Music by Fluorescent Grey.
- IS THE MIDDLE EAST ON JOE BIDEN’S PRIORITY LIST? (1), Elijah Magnier
- CAN IRAN CONVINCE BIDEN TO RESOLVE THE NUCLEAR DEAL? (2), Elijah Magnier
- WHY IRAQ IS EXPECTED TO BE HOT FOR JOE BIDEN AND VICE-VERSA? (3), Elijah Magnier
- WHY DOES IRAN BELIEVE ISRAEL COULD BE PREPARING A STRIKE AGAINST ITS NUCLEAR FACILITY?, Elijah Magnier
- The Pride of Israel: Assassinations, Haaretz
- Iran plans ‘calculated’ response after nuclear scientist killed as newspaper calls for revenge on Israeli city, Fox News