Exclusive: US Building New Occupation Bases in Syria, Sports Facilities, Golf Course, Bowling Alley
U.S. forces in Syria employ large numbers of Kurdish workers
– U.S. forces in Syria are recently recruiting large numbers of Kurdish workers to build internal military installations at the DZ and Ashu Shaddai bases.
– In particular, as the number of deployed combatants of the US military stationed in Syria is rapidly increasing, the need to build internal facilities, including barracks, is increasing.
– In particular, yesterday, about 100 Kurdish workers were employed by the US military to build barracks, PXs, and sports facilities at the DZ base, staying inside the base.
– The US military base in Syria has divided the base into a three-level access zone and is entrusting Kurdish workers with construction in the third, insensitive outlying area.
– In particular, for workers working in the least sensitive areas, the US military is focusing on ensuring that construction proceeds quickly without any special “background checks”.
– However, the most sensitive Levels 1 and 2 areas, where the command and communication facilities are located, are under construction with a limited number of Kurdish workers who have passed rigorous background checks.
– The US military’s large-scale hiring of local workers means a “long-term presence” in eastern Syria.
The Pentagon has no plan to withdraw